Thursday, June 14, 2007

Kids

I know I haven't posted in a while (understatement), but "my time" has drastically decreased since taking on a full time job. However, I have to take just a minute for a "proud mom" moment.

I have 3 kids. Two boys and a girl. I know it's hard to be the only girl. I AM the only girl in my family - before my brothers got married. In fact, after I had Bree, everyone kept asking me if we were going to have another one..."after all, Bree will need a sister!!" I tried not to be bugged by this, but I was. WHY does she need a sister? I never had a sister AND I never had to share clothes, toys, make-up etc. It's not a bad thing! Anywho, back to the subject.

Since we moved to Idaho, it's been a little rough on my kids. They are making new friends, but it still takes some time to get to that "totally comfortable" friends stage. It's probably been the easiest for Ethan - there are lots of boys his age. Taylor, well, all the kids his age are girls and he still thinks that girls have cooties, which is FINE with me! Bree is completely out of the loop. A lone girl, who most of the time plays with swords, Bionicles and Lego Star Wars on the X-box. I know I have totally missed the "Bree needs a sister" boat. Even if we did decide to have another baby, it's a 50/50 and if we got lucky and had another girl, they'd still be 6 years apart and just hate each other. Needless to say, that is not the solution.

Segue to today. Ethan is at a friends house and Taylor is outside with Bree teaching her how to Rollerblade!! He is holding her hands, giving her instructions and telling her how great she's doing! He's even helping her up when she falls! What a kid! I am so proud!

I know that I am hard on my kids and some days I feel like I am on the permanent 'Black List' with the Mother of the Year people. But then there are days like today. When maybe, just maybe it seems I've done something right, somewhere, and here's the proof. I love my kids. I have great kids. And doggone it, they may just have an okay mom!

2 comments:

Nerd Boy said...

That's a cute story, I can totaly see Taylor doing that. How you got such a good kid I'll never understand......hehehe.

bigtallhorses said...

Erin you are such an amazing mom, but I know how you feel sometimes. Hope you don't mind that I totally blog stalked you! it was fun to see you on the fourth
kristine